PRAYING THE SCRIPTURES
After almost 16 years of solo-parenting, I have become a wife to a Godly (WARRIOR SUPER HERO) husband! And as a new wife, I am learning more and more with every wrong turn! I am sooooo very far from perfect in my wife-ing! However, I have some amazing support. I have friends who have marriages that are flawed and functioning in faith, older female relatives who will certainly tell me exactly where I am wrong and need to adjust, and I also have the Lord. He has given us, as women, some amazing scriptures to pray over our husbands and children. Take a look at the following collection of mighty words from the Bible. And compose your own prayers to the Father for YOUR husband, fiance, boyfriend, “special friend” and even your children or other people you love! When praying these things for your man, keep in mind his work, ministry, friendships, activities and other relationships!
Praying for my husband is a powerful invitation to God into my marriage and is helping grow my loyalty to our marriage and helping me support my new husband. I am aware of his other relationships…family, friends, etc. and most will not be praying these things!
So, I am putting these in motion! 16 times a day. One per hour until I go to sleep!
1) I pray that he will wake with joy from a great night’s sleep.
“When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.” –
2) I pray that my husband’s heart be open and turned towards God, always!
“Return to me, with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”– Joel 2:12
3) I pray he will have vision influenced by the Heavens!
“For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end – it will not lie. If it seems slow,
wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.” – Habakkuk 2:3
4) I pray, that the men in his life encourage him and that Father God brings more of these men
into his life! (this is huge and being answered right now!)
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” – Proverbs 17:17
5) I pray that he will do purposeful work, and that he will find joy in your work!
“The heart of a man plans his ways, but the Lord establishes his steps.” –Proverbs 16:9
6) I pray that he will be a light in the world and that when others see him, they see God.
“Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how
you should respond to each person.” – Colossians 4:6
7) I pray that he taste and know that the Lord is good, so good.
“God has delivered me from going down to the pit and I shall live to enjoy the light of my life.” –
Job 33:28 | “Taste and see that The Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.”
8) I pray that he will desire what He desires for him.
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”Psalm 37:4
9) I pray that he seeks God daily and does not grow weary.
“…the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in knowledge of
Him.” -Ephesians 1:15-19
10) I pray that he will have favor in health, and live a long and healthy life.
“Beloved, I pray that in all respects, you prosper and be in good health, just as your soul
prospers.” – 3 John 1:2
11) I pray that he will have strength when temptation comes.
“ Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” – Matthew 6:13
12) I pray for his creativity flame be fanned into fire!
“I’ve filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him skill and know-how expertise in every kind of
craft…” – Exodus 31:1-5
13) I pray that he will have courage and fearlessness in the world.
“ Have I not commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid; don’t get discouraged. God,
your God, is with you every step of the way.” – Joshua 1-9
14) I pray that he will consult business ideas/ventures with God, and that He fills my man with wisdom
“Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure everything out on your own. Listen
for God’s voice in everything you do, in everywhere you go; he is the one who will keep you on
track.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
15) I pray that our love is constantly watered in our marriage daily.
“Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her
holy, cleansing her by the washing of water through the word.” – Ephesians 5:25
16) I pray that my husband and I face challenges in unity, always.
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of 3 strands is not
quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]